Strategic Assistant to MD (Vietnam)
|Industry:||Logistics & Supply Chain, Logistics, 3PL, Freight Forwarding & Supply Chain|
|Expertise:||Supply Chain & Logistics, Strategy & Planning, Research & Development|
Our client, a global logistics company, is looking for a confident, ambitious individual to join their team as Strategic Assistant to MD (Vietnam). The company provides solutions for a wide range of industries along the entire supply chain, including Air, Ocean, Road Transport, Warehousing, Customs Clearance, and innovative value-added services. This successful candidate will work directly with the Vietnam Managing Director for 1-2 years before moving into their own regional senior leadership position.
- Support the Country MD in planning, directing, managing, and coordinating day-to-day business activities
- Track and provide analytical reports on the development of strategic initiatives, financial/business performance and market dynamics
- Carry out specific management tasks for major projects
- Manage the implementation of internal processes on behalf of the Country MD
- Prepare agendas, briefings, and preparation materials for meetings, appointments, and events; work closely with other leadership team members to gather agenda items, briefing notes, and other materials, as needed. Distribute meeting materials in advance of meetings
- Attend high priority internal and external meetings; record notes and be responsible for follow-ups
- Monitor tasks delegated by the Country MD to ensure that completed work is achieved on-time
- Engage with leaders across the organisation to identify emerging issues and advise the Country MD on emerging priorities
- Follow up on contacts made by the Country MD and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Other tasks as assigned by Country MD
- Bachelor‘s degree in Logistics or related field. MBA or Master‘s degree with a background in logistics or business administration will be advantageous.
- At least 2 years of experience working in logistics, with in-depth knowledge of Air & Ocean freight business
- Relevant international background through work experience, internships, or study abroad
- Self-starter with strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work productively and efficiently under pressure, in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and timelines
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent command of the English language