Global Commodity Manager
|Industry:||Electronics & Semiconductors, Logistics & Supply Chain, Manufacturing|
Our client is a global high-tech component manufacturer with a large, well-established manufacturing base in Thailand.
We are looking for a Global Commodity Manager to join the team. This role is ideal for a proactive individual who welcomes a challenge in a dynamic, multicultural working environment.
- Manage commercial relationships with suppliers: strategy, cost improvement, sustainability and timelines, quality control, contract management
- Support commodity management activities in accordance with policies, objectives and partnership strategy. Support NPI by managing the procurement process for new materials / new products from inception to mass production
- Initiate short- and long-term strategies; develop, deploy and communicate integrated commodity / category / supplier strategies, providing a clear vision and strategic plan
- Work collaboratively, as part of a highly skilled cross-functional team to ensure that strategies meet the needs of current and future manufacturing requirements
- Identify sourcing opportunities by leveraging spend analysis tools. Engage with stakeholders to consolidate requirements across categories, suppliers, and geographical areas
- Negotiate price, delivery, payments and all contractual terms; develop partnership programme with suppliers
- Lead long-term cost improvements in line with business plans, including leveraging cost reductions across category groups
- Manage suppliers globally to meet company objectives; draft a product road map, as well as cost savings targets and department KPIs
- Manage the cost reduction programme, existing suppliers, and the selection of new materials / suppliers
- Select a supply chain capable of meeting quality and delivery requirements; identify and develop a secondary supplier source
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and at least 5 years of supplier or commodity management experience
- Technical knowledge and market expertise in manufacturing
- Experience developing a sourcing plan reflective of portfolio management, long-term agreements or supply agreements, as well as demonstrated comfort level with detailed strategic planning and implementation
- Mature, proactive, hands-on manager with multitasking, strategic business process leadership & decision-making skills
- Innovative, results-oriented, excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Ability to communicate with senior management, internally and externally, for effective commodity strategy execution is highly preferred
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure, excellent situational analysis, negotiation, presentation, organizational & time-management skills
- Fluent communication in Thai and English, both written & spoken
Interested candidates, please submit full resume to or contact directly to K.Surichai (Bo) at 088-912-6307 for more details.